Paddington is a charming neighbourhood with the most stunning hotels near Paddington Station in the UK, famously known to be home to the iconic Paddington Bear. This marmalade-loving bear from Peru has been delighting children and adults for generations, and his statue at the Grade I-listed Paddington Station is a must-see for any visitor. Outside and around the grand Paddington station are quaint gardens, beautiful canals, and tons of amazing places to drink and dine that let you indulge in the most delightful experiences in the area.
Explore Paddington Station
Of course, no visit to Paddington would be complete without meeting the bear himself located at the Platform One of Paddington Station. If you’re a hardcore fan, indulge in the Paddington Trail experience, which is a self-guided walking tour full of family-friendly adventures, featuring bridges, boats, and a lot of bears (obviously). It takes you to explore the places where Paddington Bear was created, the house where Michael Bond lived, and the station where Paddington Bear first arrived in London.
Travel Around Paddington
You’ll be intrigued to know that Paddington in the western part of London is located between two royal parks, West End and Notting Hill. Book yourself a luxurious stay with family and friends at the Park Grand Paddington Court London and stroll through the splendid Paddington area to find beautiful canals like the Grand Union Canal, serene parks like Hyde Park and places for some retail therapy in the Camden area too.
The best way to travel around Paddington is to transfer directly from the train to the tube at Paddington Station using the Elizabeth Line, Bakerloo Line, District Line, Circle Line and City Line. The Paddington station is also well-served by the London black taxi and bus network which makes it simple to travel around to explore the best of Paddington. However, if you have booked a longer stay, buying a Visitor Oyster Card in advance is the wisest choice. The best part is that this card gets delivered to your home and helps you travel around Paddington without drowning your pockets.
Things to Do in Paddington
Start your day with a hearty breakfast that’s sure to put a smile on your face at one of the many restaurants near Park Grand Kensington. Only a few minutes away from the Paddington Station you have Hyde Park, Regent’s Canal, and the picturesque Little Venice to explore. Here are a few ideas to help you have a memorable Paddington experience as you grab the best hotel deals in London.
- Have a taste of the world at Merchant Square and navigate through the world’s first water maze without getting wet!
- Follow the canal towpath to Sheldon Square, a green oasis with free outdoor ping pong, free outdoor movies, and delicious food.
- See the world-famous and unique Heatherwick’s Rolling Bridge and Paddington’s Fan Bridge in action offering some marvellous sights to remember.
- Take a canal boat ride from Little Venice to Camden or test your balance and hire a paddle board, which is another great way to see the city from a different perspective.
- Call it a day as you relax in the revitalising atmosphere of Norfolk Square Gardens and Talbot Square Gardens which are also great picnic spots with deck chairs, ping pong, and a giant chess!