An all time favourite of travellers from around the world, London is home to several popular attractions. If you are visiting London for the first time, here’s a list of the most popular attractions of the city that you must visit. Taking photographs of these attractions will definitely give you instant fame and likes on your social media platforms.
To easily access and cover all the must-do London attractions you should book your stay in the central part of London. Whether you are travelling with family, friends or for work you can book your stay at the Park Grand Central Paddington London Hotel. This luxurious hotel provides easy access to almost all London attractions as it is located close to some of London’s most prime transport links. Here you can enjoy a relaxed, calm and comfortable stay that too in the heart of the city. Featuring modern design and contemporary interiors, the hotel will be a heavenly adobe for you throughout your stay. Offering several complimentary facilities and high-end amenities that are available in the premises, it is a great hotel to stay in to make your London trip a memorable one.
Once you are well settled in your hotel, you can start exploring the must-see London attractions listed below:
- Tower of London: Founded in 1066, this place has been a castle, a prison and a great place where to explore the history of London. Filled with different sections, exhibitions and installations, you will learn a great deal of things about of history of London and the history of the world in this Tower. Being one of the oldest London monuments, this one is a must-do attraction.
- The Big Ben: Currently under construction, the Big Ben is located in Westminster. It’s official name is the Elizabeth Tower, that was named after Queen Elizabeth II in 2012 for her Diamond jubilee celebration. This iconic landmark and attraction is a must do while you are in London.
- Buckingham Palace: The most royal and prestigious attractions is none other than the house where the Queen of London resides. This palace is a sight to behold. You can attend the change of guards ceremony every morning here and also explore the Buckingham palace gardens and parks. This palace is also open to tours in some parts of the year, when you can book a tour and see from inside where and how the queen lives.
- London Eye: The most iconic London attraction, anyone who comes to London has to explore this attraction. It’s a giant wheel, that gives you breathtaking views of the buzzing London city. Opened in 2000, in that year it was the largest Ferris wheel in the world. Book a ticket and hop on in one of London’s eye pod to see the London skyline at its best.
- Tower & London Bridge: The famous River Thames of London features some great bridges that have now become the signature landmarks of London city. The Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the Millinemium Bridge are great places to go on a drive, to go on a walk for and to take pictures. So, go ahead and visit these awesome bridges.
- Madame Tussauds: One of the most iconic attractions in the world is the London’s Madame Tussauds. Once can’t miss coming to this attractions and getting clicked with their favourite Hollywood, Bollywood, Political or sports celebrity.
- Regent’s Park and Hyde Park: One of the most iconic parks of London that are located in the centre of the city are the Regent’s and Hyde Park. Both are royal, massive and are beautifully maintained throughout the year. On a clear day you can plan a picnic here, attend a gig here, witness its many carnivals and festivals or simple enjoy a scenic walk here. The Regent park is also home to the London zoo. Other iconic parks are Victoria Park and the kensington gardens.
- Natural History Museum: London is home to some world famous museums that depict the history of the city and the world. The Natural History Museum is one such museum that you must visit. Free for all, it is located in the posh area of South Kensington. Established in a stunning building, the museum offers some great exhibits that are worth your time. You must other free attractions such as the National gallery, the Science museum, the Wallace collection and many more.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral: The most clicked, shared and instagrammed pic of London’s skyline is of the St. Paul’s cathedral. This cathedral is a must visit for its architecture, dome shaped roof and its history. Originally built in the 19th century, this cathedral was recreated with the rest of the London after the Great London fire destroyed it.
- The Shard: The tallest building in London, the Shard is a must visit destination. Towering above every other London landmark and visible from almost al viewing points of London, the Shard is the tallest building in London. This skyscraper opened in 2013 and features great views from its top most floor. You can enjoy a good meal or a drink at its many high end restaurants. Buy a ticket and take the tummy tickling elevator to reach the top of the building and enjoy London views from corner of the building.
- Iconic streets and corners: Some of the must visit street and corners of the city include the Oxford street, Marble Arch, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Notting Hill streets, Little venice, Bond Street and more places like these that will give you the true taste of London.
To better enjoy all these aboveattarctions, you can pre-book or direct book your stay at the Park Grand Hotel to enjoy some great deals at the Paddington Hotel while visiting London. Holidays can be expensive and thees hotel deals can help you save a lot as well as earn rewards that can be redeemed on your next trip to the city and to the hotel. It’s a great option for frequent flyers. Great deals mean you save money hat you can spend on the above listed iconic attractions of London.