London welcomes, entertains and engages all types of visitors. Whether you are travelling for work, or a romantic getaway, with friends or family, London is the ideal holiday destination for all. London is known to be buzzing all around the year. So, no matter when you plan your trip to London you will always have loads to do and see. Every year London’s calendar is filled with exciting events taking place all around the city.
If you are travelling to London with kids, you will be happily surprised to see the number of things the city offers to keep your kids entertained and energised. But first you need to book a comfortable yet central accommodation in the city. The Park Grand Paddington Court Hotel in London offers contemporary, stylish and beautifully designed for you and your family to have a great stay. The hotel is kids friendly, offering all the modern and contemporary facilities to make your trip with as comfortable as it can be. The hotel’s ideal location keeps you close to all great attractions of London and also the most iconic mode of transportation- the Tube. The hotel is only a 7 minute walk from the Paddington tube and train station. This central station connects you other parts of London and also the Heathrow airport. Near the Paddington station you can indulge in a selection of great restaurants in London. Here you will find all famous cuisines London offers that you and your kids will love.
While you are in London with your kids, here’s a list of things you can do to make your London family trip the most memorable one.
London offers a number of massive parks. If the weather allows, you can plan a full day out with your kids here. You can plan a picnic, enjoy the rides, go for long walk in these scenic parks and enjoy the food from its little cafes. The best parks that offer lots of kiddie activities are:
• St James Park- Enjoy sand, swings, climbing areas and a vast range of birds here.
• Coram’s Fields- Find rabbits, chickens and well-fenced play spaces.
• Diana Memorial Playground- Beautifully located in Kensington Palace, the playground here is inspired by stories of Peter Pan. Plus, there are teepees, a pirate ship, a sandy beach, giant musical instruments and great plantation to play hide and seek.
• Serpentine Lido- Your kids will love the lawn, sandpit, climbing frame and the padding pool here.
• Holland Park- Play football, golf, cricket and netball here. Home to the Ecology Centre, you can enjoy a number of kid’s events happening here.
• Go Ape- Ideal for some adventure sports with your kids as well as for enjoying a leisurely picnic.
• Regent’s Park- Home to the famous and a must-visit ZSL London zoo. You can also explore the underwater world at the Sea Life London Aquarium.
London Museums for kids
• HMS Belfast- Witness Europe’s largest preserved WW2 warship and the legend of HMS Belfast. Lots of hands-on activities happening here for kids to indulge in.
• Bank of England Museum- Let your children experience their first visit to a bank. Learning the history and value of money, gold and more assets.
• The British Museum- Enjoy many free events for kids here, and check-out the Digital Discovery Centre.
• London Transport Museum- Attend exhibitions to learn about the London Transport and its history. Home to the first Tube train, it allows kids to play in its galleries full of exhibits. Plus, the entry is free for under 18s.
• Museum of London- Let your kids discover London’s past. Plus, the museum hosts midweek events for under 5s and on weekends you can enjoy free family events.
• Natural History Museum- Lots of fun things do while our kids learn about the evolution of life on earth.
• The Science Museum-One of the most ideal museum’s for kids and family. Play, learn and enjoy with history, present and the future. Plus, you can enjoy great exhibitions and 3D movies here.
• Southbank Centre- From winter markets to summer festivals, the Southbank is always buzzing with fun things to do for kids and families.
• Musicals- The London Broadway is a sheer delight for kids and adults alike. You must experience your favourite musical/ theatre while you are in the city. The most popular musicals for kids are the Lion King, Aladdin, Matilda, Wicked, Mamma Mia, Thriller, the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night and the School of Rock.
• London Eye- The most fascinating and fun way of getting the most spectacular view of the London City. It’s a must-do for all kids and adults for a true London experience.
• Kidzania- A child-sized London city, where kids can role play as a fireman, teacher, artist, police, chefs and more skilled professionals. It’s a great learning experience for all kids.
• Winter Wonderland- Limited to the winter months of November-January. Winter Wonderland celebrates the festivities and the beauty of winters. Kids can indulge in fun-filled rides, yummy food, shows, games, shopping and more exciting activities. London loves its fair and hosts massive carnivals, circuses and themed festivals during summers too in different parts of London.
• Harry Potter experience- For all Harry Potter fans, the Harry Potter world at the Warner Bros. studio is a dream come true. Explore the incredible film set here and get a picture clicked at the St. Pancras station on platform No. 9 ¾.
• Shrek’s Adventure- Meet your favourite Shrek characters, while you walk-and-ride through the film being bought to life. There are shows, storytelling, a 4D ride and more fun activities to indulge in.
• Ice Rinks- With winters comes the time for ice-skiing and skating. Your kids can enjoy this activity at massive London rinks at Natural History Museum, Somerset House, Hampton Court, Tower of London, Canary Wharf and the Winter Wonderland.