August is one of the most beautiful months to spend time in the buzzing and lively city of London. The weather in August is ideal to indulge in outdoor activities, enjoy the beautiful London parks and the long warm days that this season and month offer. Whether you are traveling alone, with friends, family, kids, a special someone or even for work this month and city offers a variety of things for you to enjoy and engage in. This month also offers the long weekend break in the city that is the time for when more activities and fun happenings are planned. The month sees the summers festivals in full swing and lots of summer activities for children to indulge in and enjoy. Being one of the warmest months of the year the activities offered are mostly open-are and outdoor.
To be a part of most of the happening things in London you must book your stay in the heart of the city. You can find several luxurious London hotels on special offers. By booking a hotel in the central part of London you can stay close to mostly all London attractions, events and gigs that are planned for the month. You are even close to most of the transport facilities like tubes, trains and buses, that help you connect easily and swiftly to other parts of London and even the Heathrow airport.
If you are planning a trip to the city in the vibrant and happening month of August, then here’s a list of things you can do and indulge in:
- Football: This is the crucial month when football kicks off, so it’s the perfect time for indulging in a match of your favourite football club or league. You can either choose to book a ticket and see it live while enjoying great British summers or you can watch it in the comfort of a pub with a nice drink and food, as most of the pub have screens playing the matches throughout the month.
- Notting Hill Carnival: This month also hosts Europe’s largest street carnival. This festival colours the streets of west London with great food, music, parades and a festive vibe that’s hard to miss. You will love being a part of this iconic festival that mostly happens over August’s bank Holiday Weekend.
- Open-air theatres: London’s summer charm casts a spell on all. In some prime parts of the London you can indulge in an unconventional movie watching experience. Luna cinemas and others screen some classic movies open-air at the banks of river Thames or in the heart of massive lush green parks of London. To get a taste of this you can book a stay close to one of the parks. So, book your stay at an accommodation close to Hyde Park London.
- Museums and Palaces: It’s also a great time to explore the many and mostly free museums and palaces of London. These attractions offer extended hours during summers and with the queen being away on a holiday, you get access to view the inside of Buckingham palace in rooms where the queen lives.
- Other events: Other great gigs and events you can indulge in include the Underbelly Festival, Southbank Centre’s annual summer festival, the BBC Proms and other music festivals. You can also cheer for your favourite rugby team at the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Final.
- Stay: To get the most out of your trip and to be close to the happening central zone, you can book your stay at the luxurious and comfortable Park Grand Paddington Hotel London.